Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's All About Me--Not Really

Hello, fellow EDM310 peeps! I suppose y'all are wanting to know a bit more about me, and I'm not one to be shy about things so here I go. Buckle your seat-belts. Ever since I was a little girl, I've been obsessed with reading books. Some people might not think too much about that fact, but for me, it's the essence of who I am. I have a book with me at all times and because of this...passion, if you will, I've decided to become a high school English teacher so that I can instill the same love of reading in others. Hey, don't laugh. I think I can knock some sense into those hormone-filled noggins. Wanna know I dream of mine? Okay, I'll tell y'all. I want to be a published author. I've been writing as long as I've been able to form sentences and quite recently it's come to the point where I've managed to stay on topic long enough to finish a novel. My family doesn't share my "passion" for literature, and that's okay. I don't expect everyone to understand. It is just enough that my parents and my younger siblings (brother and sister) allow me to write in peace.

I chose USA because, quite frankly, they gave me the best scholarship. And I've stayed because I enjoy it here. I live on campus, but my family is only forty-five minutes away in Fairhope, so I usually end up going home every weekend. Mostly to wash laundry. If you're having a hard time remembering who I am from our first class, the best clue I can give you is that I was having a heatstroke and I was fanning myself like a fiend. I can't stand being hot. It makes me ill. But we won't talk about that any more.

I'm not exactly new to blogging, but this is the first time I've used Blogger, so it's definitely a new experience for me. I'm very involved with Young Writers Society. It's a great website for teens to get together and share what they've written and give each other advice. If you are at all interested in writing I would suggest that you check it out. You don't have to be a teenager, there are a pretty good number of us that are in our twenties and we are the ones who really provide some order and backbone to the site. You don't have to join in order to read some of the works, but you do have to join if you would like to review or post. Now that I've made my little YWS plug, I suppose I will get back to the real topic of this blog post: Me.

I like warm-blooded animals. I don't like to get wet. My favorite author is J.K. Rowling and I'm obsessed with Harry Potter so if you want to make me mad, all you have to do is insinuate in some way that Harry Potter sucks. If you want to be my friend, all you have to do is smile and exist. I don't believe in judging people by their covers. Same goes for books. My favorite foods are parmesan couscous, chicken pot-pie, and Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips (the kind with the crinkly, loud bags). I hate being hot, so odds are if it's hot again in the computer lab, you'll see me fanning myself or possibly passing out. Hopefully that won't happen. (I can't seem to let this go, can I?) I've had many pets, some normal, some odd--opossums, anyone?--but I've loved them all. At this moment I am in possession of a very fat chocolate lab named Cocoa--I know, very original. Perhaps I'll post a picture of her sometime in the future.

Well, I think I've rambled long enough. You probably have learned all kinds of things you wish you never knew about me. In any case, I bid you adieu.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bailey! I'm liking the blog background. I didn't know we had EDM310 together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Carly Pugh Thanks! I didn't know we had this class together either! Are you in the MW class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment on my blog Bailey. Great to see you are exploring the powers of social media for improved education. You are certainly on the way to becoming an excellent educator. I look forward to reading your posts as you move forward.

    mrrobbo

    ReplyDelete