Friday, April 29, 2011

Final Report on My PLN

PLN Education

About halfway through the semester I wrote a very long post about my current PLN and how I was going to use Symbaloo (or was just starting to use Symbaloo) to make my PLN more manageable. As you can see from the picture above, I am currently using Symbaloo as my aggregator and it's helped tremendously cut down on the time I spend searching my bookmarks for my different email accounts and such. Now I have order where once there was chaos. My PLN is at peace.

It's still constantly growing though. I have my basics like the EDM class blog, Blogger dashboard for my blogs, my emails, Google Docs, Google Reader, Facebook, YouTube, news, Twitter, and miscellaneous others on my Main page that I like to call my Education Page. Those are the links that I check constantly throughout the day so I can stay informed, and they're the links that I look at first thing in the morning when I wake up and the last things I check before I go to bed at night.

PLN Personal Sites

My next page for my PLN is titled My Sites, and it's links that are more for entertainment purposes or outside of the education field. I have a link to the USA website, PAWS, The Vanguard, YWS, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, Hulu, IMDb, movie theaters, my bank, and other random stuff. This page is secondary to my Main page.

The links that I have tied to buttons on Symbaloo are the ones that I use daily. It saves me time to have them within easy clicking distance. Now, whenever I find an interesting site that I may enjoy but might not use everyday, I add it to my bookmarks and if I ever need to look at it again, I have it there, but it isn't cluttering up my Symbaloo pages.

PLN Bookmarks

Having an aggregator like Symbaloo really helps in the long run. With all of the blogs and sites that I've had to keep up with over the semester, I've learned that staying organized and having my PLN in order will save my butt in the end. Not only that, but it's way more efficient. And I love efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment